Home is Where Your Health Is – 1hr CEU Program
- Identify three potential health benefits to aging in place
- List three possible funding channels for accessibility technology
- Offer pros/cons of equipment available for each at risk area of the home
- Evaluate case studies provided and offer solutions for both access and funding
- Know the impact of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on home access
This presentation will provide an overview of accessibility technology, services, and funding that play an integral part of the aging in place process. As the population ages, it is essential to know what options are available and how they influence care decision making. We will review key areas in the home that create risk, options to mitigate those concerns, and discuss a clear process for communicating opportunities for patients to regain independence while improving personal health and safety.
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, and Occupational Therapy Assistants.
Mission Access is proud to partner with Monroe Learning Network for all Continuing Education courses.
Monroe Learning Network is recognized by the New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions, as an approved provider/sponsor of physical therapy, physical therapy assistant, occupational therapy, and occupational therapy assistant continuing education/competency.